LEAMAN is a transnational project funded by the Erasmus+ programme. The specific objectives of the project are:
- A research report, based on desk and field research, depicting the state of the art for the leather and connected industries;
- A European Qualification Framework (EQF) of the New Manager for Efficient and Innovative Leather SMEs;
- The MOOC Being a manager in an Efficient and Innovative Leather Company: freely accessible and open licensed training platform dedicated to the improvement of knowledge and skills of managers and potential managers;
- A Virtual Challenge Community, a community made of relevant stakeholders active in the sector of leather and connected ones;
- A Decalogue of benefits deriving from the collaboration between companies, research and training centers.
These objectives translate in the following products:
O1. Research Report on Need Analysis & State of the Art [Integrated Desk Research][Field Survey Analysis]
This report is a comparative study of the leather sector. It includes:
1) Background and context analysis including statistical data and trends of leather and connected industries in Europe;
2) Analysis of existing sectorial reports and papers dealing with skills and training needs in the leather industry and connected ones;
3) Identified training programmes targeted to leather professionals;
4) Identified MOOCs in the leather sector and connected ones;
5) EU best practices related to innovation and effective management systems in leather industries and successful experiences of cooperation between SMEs, research centres and training centres for products development;
6) Perceived training needs of managers of leather industries and connected ones;
7) Perceived training needs of potential managers of leather industries and connected ones;
8) Inputs by experts and VET professionals about the needs of the sector.
O2. EQF of the New Manager for Efficient and Innovative Leather SME
The aim of this Output is to create the contents of the European Qualification Framework (EQF) of the New Manager for Efficient and Innovative leather SMEs; a descriptor of qualifications based on learning outcomes, regardless of how or where these are achieved, and with ECVET scores. This EQF will serve as a reference tool to compare the qualification levels of the different qualifications systems and to promote both lifelong learning and equal opportunities in the knowledge-based society, as well as the further integration of the European labour market, while respecting the rich diversity of national education systems.
O3. MOOC “Being a manager in an Efficient and Innovative leather company”
The main aim of the MOOC “Being a manager in an Efficient and Innovative leather company” is to improve the knowledge and skills of managers (and potential ones) of leather industries and connected ones. The MOOC will be free accessible and open licensed and its contents will be constructed around the results of Output n. 1.
O4. Virtual Challenge Community
The Virtual Challenge Community is integrated by relevant stakeholders active in the sector of leather and connected ones and aims to facilitate the exchange of information, knowledge and experience. It will also serve as a platform for the innovative leather products competition that will, at the end of the project, lead to the launch of a crowd funding campaign for the winners of the competition for the most innovative leather products. Furthermore, the virtual community will host a Decalogue of benefits deriving from the collaboration between companies, research and training centres in developing innovative leather products.